Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Presence of Life

Read: Haggai 1
“7 Thus says the Lord of hosts, “Consider your ways!” Haggai 1:7

Examine:
In speaking these words to the people charged with rebuilding the temple God reminded them of two important things. First, they were in the mess they were in because they did things their own way. Second, they should not give in to the temptation to quit but should complete the task given to them regardless of the opposition they faced.

Apply:
The scriptures are clear on there being seasons of sowing and seasons of reaping. In my current season, I am both reaping and sowing. The reaping is not fun for me right now, because the seeds I sowed were not good. God disciplines those He loves and I am certain that I am being disciplined because of some bad choices I made. It is not fun, but it is for my good. As I consider the opposition I face today, I must also consider that doing things my own way are what made me vulnerable to this current situation. I have to own that.

The second half of this message from God is the glorious one. I am sowing new seeds today. The seeds I sow today are ones of obedience and I must endure so that the season of new harvest will come in full. There is always going to be opposition to anything that God ordains to be done. Satan will pull out every stop to shut down the things God desires.

Pray:
Give me the gift of wise choices today Father. Let my judgment be right and my actions be just. Move the mountains and shake the heavens to make Your work here in South Africa last longer than the sun and the moon have been given permission to shine. Father, I beg that I may see You Yourself stand up for the poor, help the children of the needy, and come down on the hard hearts and merciless tyrants who refuse to lessen the burden of Your people here. I pray that Your presence would bring life like spring rains and that Your provision would explode like flowers in a fertile valley.

Those who oppose Your work are many, but I rest in knowing that nothing can thwart what You have purposed and planned. They will fall on their knees before You and leaders will turn over their wealth and power to accomplish Your work. I pray Father that You would open Your heart wide for the down-and-out and that You would move to restore the hope of Your people serving You in this place.

For my part, I stand firm on Your promise to me that You have opened a door that no man can close. Lead me today to honor Your name, defend your people, provide for the poor, and stop the abuse of these children. I have considered all of my ways this morning and I choose to continue with what You have asked of me.

No comments: