Monday, February 22, 2010

Just Look Up

Reading: Psalm 19, 20, & 21

"The heavens are telling of the glory of God; their expanse is declaring the work of His hands." Psalm 19:1


Examination:

God's glory is revealed each day as the sun rises. He paints His splendor as the sun breaks on the horizon and ignites the skies with hues of purple, blue, pink, and orange. God's glory rolls across the beauty of the ocean. His fingerprint is evident in the crest of each wave as it crashes on the beach. God's glory illuminates the moon and stars each night. His smiling face and be seen stretching across the black skies of night.


Application:

Just look up. Seriously, what can compare to my God? What on earth can even come close to matching the splendor of just one of His creations? The sun, the moon, the stars, the oceans, all creatures, and human beings all dwarf anything created by man. This is the God that lives inside of me. This is the power to which I am granted daily access. This is the God I am called to serve. Why in the world would I be troubled by anything?


Prayer:

Father I pray today that Your will restore my soul. In a world of ups and downs Your truth is the only thing that remains trustworthy. Enable me fully experience the joy that is available in following Your commands.


I pray today that You make wise my simple mind. All the books in the world written by mortal men can not even begin to compare with the wisdom that is Yours to give. Lead me today with a real and tangible expression of Your wisdom.


I pray today that You create rejoicing in my heart. The grind of life has a tendency to leave my heart in pretty bad shape. Carry me today to Your secret hiding place where my heart can only be impacted by You.


Father You truly are more desirable that money. You truly are more fulfilling than solving a problem, crafting a plan, or accomplishing a goal. You truly are more enjoyable that a healthy marriage or beautiful children. You truly are more enjoyable that time spent with the best of friends. You truly are more intoxicating that fine wine and more savory than the best of meals. There is nothing in my life to which I can compare to You. As I walk out the events of this day I pray that the desire of my heart be to constantly look up to You: my perfect father, my anointed King, my matchless Creator, and my untouchable Protector.

No comments: