Friday, October 29, 2010

More Than a Comfortable Life

Read: Psalm 124 & 125

"Had it not been the LORD who was on our side when men rose up against us then they would have swallowed us alive..." Psalm 124: 2-3


Examine:

Overwhelming odds reveal an all powerful God. Lives of control and safety keep God small and controllable. Lives of crazy faith and total abandonment reveal the true greatness of God.


Apply:

My faith is not intended to only be fire insurance for my soul. The power of God is not intended to simply be property and casualty insurance to protect what is mine from the storms of life. I cannot experience the greatness of God and stay in my comfort zone. Following God will carry me into situations that are bigger than me. Saying yes to God is saying yes to Him orchestrating circumstances that prove His greatness.


Pray:

I want Your greatness more than my comfort. The moment my lips part and those words roll off my tongue my flesh convulses with fear and trembling. My rational mind wants to build, strengthen, and protect what is mine. My flesh does not want to relinquish control so it begins to assault my faith with doubts. My enemy fears my life being sold out to You and his attacks are vicious and well timed. Still, I say to You this morning from the bottom of my heart and at the top of my voice; I want Your greatness to fill this earth more than I want comfort to pad my life.

No comments: