Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Two Simple Phrases

Read: 1 Timothy 1

"It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all." 1 Timothy 1:15


Examine:

Paul never forgot where he came from. He knew his past and fully understood his mistakes. He did not justify them or try to make them sound better than they really were. He owned them. Paul also did not hide behind his past. He did not experience condemnation or find reason to excuse himself from service. Paul fully understood that Jesus saves sinners and puts them into His service.


Apply:

Sometimes it is just good to sit and be grateful. I picked up a journal of mine that I started in 1999. As I read through some of the pages I became grateful that I no longer was the man who penned those words. I became overwhelmed at just how far God has brought me in 11 years. I would agree with Paul today; it is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners and put them into service.


Pray:

Thank you. Those are two simple words that You do no hear from me enough. The life I once lived was one of pure rebellion and self-gratification. I have run from You , cursed at You, abused You, and misunderstood You more times than I really want to think about. There have been some dark seasons in my life that fully disqualify me from being anything other than chief among sinners. Through those times You never gave up on me. You never stopped pursuing, You never stopped forgiving, and You never stopped disciplining. I am grateful to You Jesus for the removal of sins.


Lead me. Those are also simple words that You do not hear from me enough. Take the life that I have left and use it as You will. You have an unconditional Yes from me. Whenever, wherever I want my life to make You smile. Set the sights of my life on love from a pure heart, a good conscience, and a sincere faith.


I love the way You love me.

No comments: