Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pushing into the Heart of God

Read: Matthew 16

"But Jesus, aware of this, said, 'You men of little faith, why do you discuss among yourselves that you have no bread?'" Matthew 16:8


Examine:

Walking with Jesus put the disciples in another world. Everything was constantly upside down and Jesus spent most of His time with them reframing their every thought. This often led Him to lovingly confront them when they missed things. In this verse Jesus needed them to understand that their mission was not about what they brought to the table; it was about the purity of their obedience to Him. He would provide what they needed to accomplish the mission. They only needed to surrender themselves to pursue it.


Apply:

This verse reminds me why it is so important to spend time with Jesus daily. If my life is not constantly being turned upside down, my thinking is not constantly being reframed, and my will is not constantly being stripped away then I have to know that I am not pushing into the heart of God.


Pray:

I am a man who still has little faith. I am a man who is still fighting to save his life. I am a man who is still consumed with my own strengths and weaknesses. I am a man who is still hesitant to pursue Your voice. I am a man who lives in fear of the unknown. I am a man who is better equipped to understand the weather than I am to understand the leading of my God. I am a man who is in desperate need of having his life turned upside down, his thinking reframed, and his will stripped away.


I do not want to stay where I am and see my plans accomplished. I want to move towards You my Father and see Your will be done. I do not want stay where I am and hear things that fit my logic. I want to step towards You my Father and have my thoughts reframed. I do not want stay where I am and be a slave to my will and desires. I want to step towards You my Father and see You strip away what remains of me.


My life and all that it contains is Yours. Teach me to do with it as You will. I submit myself to You and simply say yes to what You ask. My only desire today is to push deeper into Your heart.

No comments: