Thursday, November 25, 2010

Three Attention Getters

Read; Matthew 24

"And Jesus answered and said to them, 'See to it that no one misleads you,'" Matthew 24:4


Examine:

In reading this chapter there are three main things He teaches the disciples: don’t live ignorant, don't live spiritually lazy, and be faithfully sensible.


Apply:

I need to spend time discerning the God's direction. I waste most of my time with God talking about my circumstances and trying to process my agenda with Him. The things on my mind need to come second to hearing from God and discerning where He is leading me.


I need to pay attention to my personal disciplines. Day in and day out it becomes easy to get lazy in my spiritual disciplines. Everything that becomes routine becomes mindless and heartless. Going through the motions has some benefit, but it is not the full expression that God desires for me to experience.


I need to head out and work on God's Kingdom around me. The Word says that I will be blessed if God finds me working in the fields when He returns. It is not sensible to wait until I feel like I am mature enough, strong enough, or smart enough. The best day for me to be working in my Father's fields is today.


Pray:

Father, I feel like I need some time processing what You have put on my heart today. I ask that You open my eyes to fully see the entire scope of what You have given to me today. I pray that You allow my ears to clearly hear all that You desire to speak to me.


Holy Spirit, You have been given to me as a teacher, a guide and a helper. Lead me today to pursue the truth I need for this season of my life.

No comments: