Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sick of Me

Scripture:
"If you abide in me and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples." John 15: 7-8

Observation:
How much do I rely on Christ? What is my focus? Where am I heading? What am I doing?
What am I asking God for? Do I see Him moving in my life? Is God real to me? Would an outsider observe my life and see signs that were unexplainable outside of God? Does love permeate every aspect of my life?

Application:
These questions dance before me this morning. As I read John 15 this morning, I feel a great challenge to deepen my relationship with Christ. There is more to being a child of God than I am currently living. Right now, I spend most of my time searching for purpose, peace, significance, forgiveness, confidence, contentment, and joy. All these things are ok things, but they are all self-focused. They all center on my feelings.

Prayer:
Most of my prayers to You focus on me. Help me. Heal me. Deliver me. Guide me. Bless me. I'm sick of me. I realize that my enemy has used guilt, shame and fear to take my focus off of Christ and center it on myself. Here is my confession to You this morning. I am clean. Not by my on hands, but through Your Son. I set aside all my guilt and shame today and walk freely in the grace You have provided. My sins are no more I and I will no longer base my sense of confidence and self-worth on my actions. I want to abide in Christ and to have His words to abide in me. I shift my focus today from my personal feelings and look toward Christ. Teach me to walk in the way you would have me go. Create inside of me a passion to pray for the lost and dying world that surrounds me. Allow me to see Your light come into my life and shine for others. Break open my life and pour it out on those around me. I pray that I learn to seek, see, find, ask, and respond in the name of my Savior. I want to be a part of a movement that is bigger than myself. I desire to see Your Spirit be poured out on my community, my state, my country and my world.

No comments: