Monday, May 16, 2011

Choices of a Fool

Read: 1 Corinthians 1
“God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:9

Examine:
There are times in life when we must simply return to the basic tenants of our faith. It all starts with believing the truth about God’s faithfulness.

Apply:
In my life today, more so than ever before, my only hope is that God is faithful. If God is not then I am to be pitied among fools for my choices. In faith I accepted that God was preparing me for a new work. In faith I accepted what I thought to be his voice and announced my intentions to leave my staff position at the church. In faith I followed what I felt to be His leading to visit friends in South Africa. In faith I accepted what I understood to be His voice asking me to return to South Africa for a longer period of time. In faith I resigned from the church believing in God to provide for me. In faith I accepted the vision handed to me for Restoration Hope and started the work. In faith I am believing that God is stirring a new work here and will be active in redeeming the community of Sweetwaters for Himself. All of this hinges on the faithfulness of God. If none of this holds true then I am quite simply dead.

Pray:
It was funny to sit on the side of the mountain this morning and laugh with You. I can’t believe that I am sitting where I am sitting and planning the work that I am planning. This is so far beyond me. My only hope is Your faithfulness. I have lived boldly. I have walked openly. My life and all that it holds has been laid bare before all to see. I have claimed Your Word, stood firm in the face of adversity, and sacrificed every aspect of my earthly security to be an advocate for the widowed, orphaned, and poor here. I have done all of this because I believe it is what You call us to do. The saints serving South Africa are losing the battle. The situation becomes more dire with each passing day and the work load they carry continues to rise. I, as an adopted son and full heir with Christ, ask in the name of Jesus that the resources (spiritual, financial, and human) needed to accomplish this work be released and brought forth.

No comments: