Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Integrity I Want

Read: Proverbs 20

"A righteous man who walks in his integrity - how blessed are his sons after him." Proverbs 20:7


Examine:

Integrity is defined as sticking with good moral values. In reading this passage there are many elements of righteous integrity listed. Most of them can be placed into four categories: 1) Be a person who helps another succeed. 2) Be a person who stands loyal to others. 3) Be a person who walks away from strife but also speaks the truth when the time is right. 4) Be a person who stays away from things that anger God.


Apply:

My choices reveal the contents of my integrity. Words and intentions matter not. In the end it is what I decide to do that proves my moral values. I should evaluate my choices carefully. If they are in alignment with the four things listed above then I can be assured that I have done all I can do to live a life that is honoring to God.


Pray:

Father, when I look at what You have spoken to me this morning I see the legacy that I desire. More than riches, I hope to leave this world knowing that I helped other people succeed in their journey, that other people know me to be a man of loyalty, that I avoided strife while speaking the truth, and above all that I hated the things that break Your heart.


Move me today past intentions and ground me in wise choices. Let my integrity be brought into action and lead me as I pursue the purposes You have laid before me today. Fill every desire and longing of my heart so that I may have something to give to others in my life.

No comments: