Monday, July 19, 2010

Life in the Fast Lane

Read: Proverbs 19

"Also it is not good for a person to be without knowledge. And he who hurries his footsteps errs." Proverbs 19:2


Examine:

Today's world puts a high value on speed. Everything is instant. The risk is that anything in life worth while takes time. This is especially the case with God's wisdom. God's wisdom is not only concerned with the plans of the man; He is after the heart of the man.


Apply:

Slow down. Listen. Wait. Learn. Those are the words that I keep hearing from God. I want to get to where I am going and He is trying to help me realize that power, joy and life are found in the journey. Knowledge takes time. Hurry creates error. I work quick and move fast. That is part of the way God wired me, but my enthusiasm is no good without knowledge.


Pray:

I fear being idle. I think that is the struggle that I am having right now. Waiting on You to speak direction means that I must sit tight and hold back. I have historically proven myself to be fully capable of committing catastrophically stupid acts during seasons of waiting.


This forced feeling of being held back is good for me. I ask that You help me look deep into parts of my heart that are not healed but are normally disarmed by my forward movement. As the tension inside of me rises, I ask that You give me great insight as to the work You are doing in my heart, mind and soul.


Father, I ask that You forgive me for my "I want what I want and I want it now" attitude. Who am I to demand anything from You? Who am I to remind You of how long something is taking? You are God and I am not. I confess to You this morning the anger and frustration I have allowed into my heart and submit to Your grace and mercy as You continue Your refining work in my soul.

No comments: