Monday, September 27, 2010

My Top Ten

Read: Hebrews 13

"And I urge you all the more to do this..." Hebrews 13:19


Examine:

The book of Hebrews was an amazing letter that contains many incredible reminders, exhortations, and encouragements. The writer closes out with some great reminders for daily living that are as practical now as they were the day the Holy Spirit penned them.


Apply:

So here is my list of top ten things I should do with my life:


1. I should align everything I think, do, or say with the heart of Jesus Christ.


2. I should keep my eyes open for an opportunity to welcome a stranger or to comfort someone ill treated.


3. I should honor my marriage above all things in life. Second to this, I should raise my kids in a manner that honors God's name.


4. I should make sure that the fear and love of money is kept far from my heart.


5. I should look for people who are further along in the journey than me and be humble enough to allow them to teach what they have learned.


6. I should stay pure in my theology and know that Jesus never changes.


7. I should be easy to be led by those given authority in my life.


8. I should be in a loving community with fellow believers.


9. I should allow God's spirit free reign to work inside of my life and produce fruit from my life.


10. I should allow my lips to continually offer praise to God.


Pray:

These are ten simple things but they are so powerful. You and I both know that I am not very good with lists of things I should or should not do so I am really gonna need Your help with this. I pray that You set my eyes on the prize that awaits me at the end of my life. I ask that all I say, think, or do have its impact on the lasting Kingdom that is to come. Keep me pure and holy. Captivate me with Your presence and set me on mission with Your power.

No comments: