Friday, June 6, 2008

In Need of Some Knowledge

Scripture:
"In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise." Ephesians 1:13

Observation:
Reading the scripture can be frustrating at times. I read a passage like this and I know that it is saying something to me, but I just do not understand it. There is obviously some significance to being sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of Promise, but what does that mean to me? What should my response to that be?

Application:
God's word is truth. All of it is tested, weighed and proven worthy. Every word of the Bible is God birthed and useful for teaching. I believe that with all my heart. That said, there are some things that I just flat struggle to understand and apply to my life. That is what I love so much about this chapter of Ephesians. Verses 17-19 contain a great prayer for people like me who are struggling to comprehend the truth of a passage of scripture.

Prayer:
I ask you tonight Father for a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in my knowledge of You. There is so much that is beyond my ability to understand. I need You to open the eyes of my heart and bring the clarity of thought needed to know what is the hope of the calling You placed on my life and what are the riches of my inheritance in You. I desire more than anything to know the surpassing greatness of Your power at work in my life. I do not want to settle for the knowledge that I have. I want to go deeper in my walk with You. I want to be a better saint in the lives of those You have entrusted to me.

No comments: