Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Few Good Things

Today's Reading: Isaiah 1:18-20 & Titus


Scripture:

"Our people must also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, so that they will not be unfruitful." Titus 3:14


Observation:

Becoming a person of good deeds is more that just a choice, it is a process whereby a follower of Christ figures out how to align his heart with God and pursue the things that are "good". Some of the good things noted in this chapter include working hard for those in authority, meeting the tangible needs of people, not seeking personal consideration, helping people understand the work of faith, and working to remove divisive people.


Application:

There has to be more to my faith than just words, rituals and dedication to learning. My life has to bear fruit. It has to be productive. This morning's passage is a great reminder of five basic things that must be evident in my life.


Prayer:

Father I am struggling this morning to hear clearly from You. I am not sure what changes You are asking me to make. I look at the list of things I noted above and I definitely see areas of success and I also see definite areas that need improving. What I do not sense this morning is a definitive charge from You to me and so I am not going to manufacture one.


You are my God and I desire to be wholly Yours. I do not want to settle for flippant answers or manufactured conclusions.

I ask that You allow this word from You to me to sit with me. Help me keep it on my mind until I see its fruit in my life.

No comments: