Monday, July 27, 2009

God's Power List

Today's Reading: Psalms 92; Isaiah 52:7; & 2 Peter 1


Scripture:

"Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord." 2 Peter 2:2


Observation:

Knowledge here is more than just having information. It includes being in a very close relationship with someone or experiencing that person's power in our lives.


Application:

Knowledge of God is more than head learning. It is experiencing God unleashing His power in my life. The selfish side of me would like to define the areas for God to exercise His power, but God's Word contains Its own power list of areas God wants to work.


This passage goes on to say that God wants to reveal His power to me by increasing my faith, moral excellence, knowledge, self control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love.


Prayer:

Father, there is a very selfish side of me that only interprets success through the lenses of success and prosperity. I put all my hope for peace in You supplying me with abundance in tangible, earthly possessions. I want them above the traits of Your character that You desire to instill in me. My home, my money, my job, and my family have all become idols in my life and I confess that to You this morning.


Father, applying this passage of scripture to my life lies beyond my internal capacity. I ask today that You do a mighty work. Open the eyes of my heart to experience the full wealth of joy, peace, contentment, happiness, and energy that results from following after Your desires for my life.

No comments: