Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weakness in My Armor

Read: Revelation 3

"Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of God." Revelation 3:2


Examine:

For the church in Sardis, they were exhorted to wake up from their spiritual slumber and to strengthen the few evidences of life they still had. He exhorted them to remember...obey.., and repent. He warned them that if they did not heed this exhortation, He would come on them like a thief, that is, suddenly and unexpectedly.


Apply:

I need to wake myself up this morning and revive the work of God in my heart. The mission to which God is calling me is demanding more of me than I have ever faced and my faith is being stretched further than it ever has been. It is tempting to turn back and RUN. It is tempting to sit back and let the vision die. Tempting as those choices may be, it is not the call God has for me. This week I have studied the cost of obedience and failed to consider the cost of disobedience.


Pray:

Father, this week has left me shaken and stirred. I have never felt more pressure or fear than I have this week. For the past couple of days I have been stretched harder than I could have imagined possible. You have led me to a place that is far beyond my zone of comfort and forced me into a place my faith has never seen. As this has taken place, weaknesses in my armor have been revealed. I confess that to You this morning. There was still a lot of "me" in our relationship and ugly pride in me that needed to die.


In all of this, I find Your grace amazing. I am grateful to You for revealing the truth of my heart this week. It has been a great reminder that I am never complete. I sit before You this morning with my palms held open and return my yes to You. Take my life and use it as You will for Your purposes. I place my trust in You and You alone. You are the God and Father of my family and it is Your job to worry with our well being. I rest in You this morning and lay aside all my concerns. The only thing I have to fear in this life is being disobedient to the word You have given to me.

No comments: