Thursday, December 2, 2010

What I was Left to Do

Read: Jude

"But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ..." Jude 1:17


Examine:

There are two groups of people listed in this chapter. The first are the ones that poison the world. Their root sins are grumbling, following their own lusts, speaking arrogantly, and using people to gain what they want. The second are those called, beloved and kept by God. These people are to be marked by being built up on their faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keeping themselves in the love of God, and anxiously awaiting the return of Jesus.


Apply:

Building, praying, keeping and expecting are the tasks that God has left me to do. The are all to be grounded in my love relationship with God and are all to be active in my life. These things do not take the place of grace, but rather they prove it. To truly Jesus is to live after His example.


Pray:

Father, I long to be a person consumed with building, praying, keeping and expecting. Give me a drive today to see Your kingdom expand. I ask that You empower me to pray out of a heart and soul that is indwelt, illuminated, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Drive my heart deep into Your love and help me make wise choices that keep it there. Jesus, this life has a way of distracting me from Your promise to be actively at work reconciling the world to the Father. In the midst of my distraction I loose my expectation of Your return. In losing my expectation of Your return I trade in the hope of Glory for the brokenness of the world. Strengthen me in Your promise today.

No comments: