Sunday, September 4, 2011

Seeing the Success

Read: Ezra 6
“And the elders of the Jews built and prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah son of Iddo. They finished their building as commanded by the God of Israel and by decree of Cyrus and Darius and Artaxerxes king of Persia.” Ezra 6:14

Examine:
God decreed this work to be completed but the journey was far from simple. The rebuilding of the temple required alignment and endurance. The entire body of God-ordained leadership (spiritual, governmental, tactical, and practical) came together to complete this task. Priests served along side governors who served along side prophets who served along side laborers and together they led the people of Israel through the twists and turns that ultimately resulted in the temple being finished.

Apply:
This journey I am on is only beginning. I need to keep good records and stay alert to the things going on around me. The twists and turns will come. Sleepless nights will follow unthinkable setbacks. There will be highs, lows and everything in between. The end will depend not on my talents, intellect, or strong will. Seeing the success of this work will weigh on me staying submitted to God and having the humility to allow the vision He has given others to shape the work that lays ahead.

Pray:
Until You lead in another direction I must keep chasing the last thing You set before me. Nothing has released me from Your work in Sweetwaters and the burning in my heart to see Your body of believers in the U.S. re-engage the mission of Christ. Those two things keep me up at night and consume my energies. If You were to appear to me in bodily form and offer me anything in the world I would ask for the wisdom and resources needed to accomplish those two tasks. I believe they are my temple-building tasks and have given my life to pursue them.

I do not want this to be my task alone. I believe there are others who have been called to join in this incredible task, but right now I feel really alone and I am becoming a little confused. Father, is it time for the resources to catch up to the vision? There are people needed and funding will be demanded soon. I do not doubt Your provision but there is uncertainty in my soul regarding timing. Uncertainty makes me hesitant and no one follows a hesitant leader. I pray that You give me the vision I need to be certain today. Help me walk in the path that You have ordained for me.

No comments: