Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dealing with Frustration

Today's Reading: Psalm 19 & Acts 11

Scripture:
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Observation:
The simplicity of this prayer is captivating. There nothing of man that is not born from the words of his mouth or the meditations of his heart.

Application:
I'm struggling this morning. The past few days have been stressful beyond what I can really explain. It has not all been bad, but everything has been hard. Nothing has come easy. Attacks from my enemy have affected every single aspect of my life. From the moment I've awakened I have been hit with things. Even my sleep has been disturbed by attacks.

Seasons of what I am experiencing come; there is no way of escaping it. I am not afraid of them. I have had everything in my life come undone several times and I have faith that God will bring me through. The struggle is controlling myself during these times.

Satan knows that the best time for him to capture the words of my mouth or the meditations of my heart are seasons where I am frustrated or my needs are extremely deprived. He can hijack my emotions and I can go spiraling down a pathway that is not good.

Prayer:
It is easy to hold onto Your Word and seek Your Face when everything in life is great. It is easy to hold onto Your Word and seek Your Face when the initial shock of hard times hit. But holding onto Your Word and seeking Your Face when hard times linger on; that is a miserably difficult task.

It is so easy to become frustrated or have doubts. I come to You this morning praying the simple prayer of David. Guard the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart. Protect me from the hidden sins in my life and give me the strength to walk away from the obvious patterns of sin that become so alluring during seasons of stress.

I stand before You this morning and claim that You are God and that Your ways are good. I say this not because I get everything I want in life. I say this not because I understand everything. I say this not because all is well with me. I say this because it is the truth that explodes from my heart. The very fabric of my soul testifies to Your goodness. You are the only thing in my life that is perfect, sure, right, pure, clean and true.

No comments: