Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stirring Salvation

Read: Romans 2

"to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation." Romans 2:7


Examine:

A person's habitual conduct reveals the true condition of their heart. In the end there are only two results of God's judgment; eternal life or wrath and indignation.

Salvation is more than just wanting to be a good person. Salvation is more than hearing things about God. Salvation is more than knowing the truth about God. True salvation in Christ is about the surrendering of the heart to God and allowing Him to radically alter a person's passions, pursuits, behaviors, and desires.


Apply:

I am good with God. My heart is His and my eternity is set. I know this with absolute confidence. He has actively led my life to where it is. I look back at the man I was ten years ago and I bear no resemblance to him. I know that God has continually transformed me and I have persevered in doing good. I have pursued His glory and honor. I am thankful for the security I feel regarding my salvation and the assurance I have for my eternity.


I can't sit back. I can't rest. I can't allow the stirring of my soul to settle. My eternity is set but there are many whose are not. As long as there is breath in me my main ambition in life has to be to see people come into a saving relationship with God through Jesus Christ.


Pray:

Father,

My passion for sharing the good news of the gospel is not as strong as it should be. I want to do it. I know I should do it. My mind is filled with information on how to do it and there is a passionate desire inside of me that wants to see it happen. That said, my habitual conduct does not result in me sharing it very often.


I ask that You kindle inside of me the prayers I need to pray for the lost in my church, my state, my country and my world. Create inside of me a passion to persevere in seeking Your glory in the lives of others. Place in my heart a holy anguish for those who do not live in a saving relationship with You.


I ask that You radiate in me the truth and beauty of Your gospel. There is nothing more compelling or freeing than basking in the majesty of Your unconditional love. There is nothing that can compare to experiencing You on a daily basis. I sometimes struggle with how to share this. I ask that Your presence in me be so strong that the truth of Your presence will be revealed in every word I share, every hand I shake, every neck I hug, and every smile I give.


This Sunday was hard on me. For three services I sat and watched the baptism waters at the church go unstirred. I pray that never happens again. Move and stir in our midst in a manner that produces salvation. I ask that You embolden us all to invest in those around us and invite them to hear of Your desires for their life. Guide us in creating environments that are conducive to Your Holy Spirit stirring and calling the souls of those outside the faith to You.


No comments: