Friday, May 14, 2010

Sing Loudly

Read: Psalm 68

"Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth, sing praises to the Lord." Psalm 68:32


Examine:

Gratitude is important. David always found something about God that was worthy of praise. He did not get stuck in his problems and he always chose to see God at work in his life. David's call in this verse is for the people of God to allow a song for God to develop in and bubble out of our hearts.


Apply:

My heart is critical. So much of my life pours out of what is in my heart. My fears live in my heart. My insecurities dwell in my heart. My deepest wounds trace their roots to my heart. The messages to my heart are numerous. Satan's most vicious attacks are aimed at my heart. "You are not good enough. You will not make it. God does not care for You. Your failure has separated you from God. You do not really believe. You need something more. You deserve something more. You can't live this way." All these messages bombard my heart incessantly. There are times when fatigue sets in and I allow myself to be held captive my these vicious lies.


The antidote to all of this is praise. "You are not guilty any more. You are doing just fine. I am strong in You. My love for you is unending. You are perfected in Christ. I see your failures no more. Your faith is being made strong. You have all you need. I go before you daily. You have been redeemed from the death you deserve. Your eternity is set. I know the plans that I have for you and nothing will prevent Me from completing the work that I started in You." These are the messages God sends to counter the attacks of the enemy.


Pray:

It is always seems to me that it is easier to hear the negative messages. I am not sure of why that is but it is so very true. A good word seems to pass away while the negative ones seem to dig deep into my heart. I suppose that at the core it has to come back to my attitude, but I am not really sure why I struggle to walk in gratitude.


I ask that You open my heart to praise You today. Where I am shaky and insecure I pray that You hold me steady and make me bold. Where I am weak and needy I pray that You provide me with strength and fill my needs. Where I doubt and wonder I pray that You make me absolute and certain. Where I gripe and complain I pray that You teach me to sing and rejoice.


I want to sing to You today from a heart that is full of life, joy, and hope. I want to be a source of strength for the weak, a face of joy for the broken hearted, and a voice of wisdom for the lost. I ask that You help my song for You to be heard loudly in a world that is dying for something of worth to celebrate.

No comments: