Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nothing has Malfunctioned

Read: Romans 9
“Don’t suppose for a moment, though, that God’s Word has malfunctioned in some way or other.” Romans 9:6 (The Message)

Examine:
For Paul’s audience the message of Christ meant that they had missed the promised Messiah. No only had they missed Him; they killed Him. In this passage Paul calls them back to understand that regardless of our actions God’s Word is still sovereign.

Apply:
On November 30th, 2010 I stepped off a plane in South Africa. In that moment everything in my journey took a turn. What had become an enthusiastic, live-giving pursuit of God became a painful reality. The closeness of God I had grown accustomed to experiencing suddenly seemed to be replaced with isolation. The clarity of what we were supposed to do and the ease with which it was coming together were painfully replaced by obscurity and frustration. From that day to this one there have been many moments when I have been left feeling like the Word of God malfunctioned in some way or I seriously missed the calling. This passage is a great reminder that neither are true.

Pray:
I feel alone. I feel the weight of my lack. I see my prayers go by unanswered. I am walking continually beat down by confusion. You owe me nothing. I can’t demand anything from You. All I can do is cling to what the Word reveals about Your character. Your character says You will never leave me. You character says You will always supply for Your mission. Your character says what ever I ask for I will receive. You character says that You are not the author of confusion.

I will not quit. I will not be quiet. I will not go away. I will trust in You no matter what happens. This path that I am own is the path You have chosen. You spoke clearly to me in the beginning of this journey and I have sacrificed everything in my life to walk in obedience to You. I fully trust that You will come through in Your own way, in Your own timing, and in accordance to Your perfect will.

Your Word has not malfunctioned. I trust You to guide my steps today. I trust that You will bring power and authority to my prayers. I trust that my loneliness will be met with intimacy, my obscurity with clarity, my lack with provision, and my defeat with victory. I trust You to provide the strength I need to get me through this day. Father, all I have is Yours and for the first time in my life I can honestly say You are all that I have. I pray that I not be put to shame and Your name be robbed of its glory.

No comments: