Thursday, August 25, 2011

Know the Season

Read: Zechariah 10
“10 Pray to God for rain—it’s time for the spring rain— to God, the rainmaker,” Zechariah 10:1

Examine:
God’s people can look in many directions for the resources they need, but He desires us to pray to Him for everything that is needed.

Apply:
It is often times easy for me to trust God for things I can’t do on my own and it is also logical for me to turn to God when I have no other options. But that is not what God desires of me. He does not want to sit on the sidelines, waiting patiently for me to get into a jam and then yell for Him to get involved. God wants to be intimately involved in the daily necessities of my life.

Pray:
Father, I have to know the season. When I look at this verse I realize that there are times when rain is needed and times when it is not. The rain that comes when the ground is being tilled serves only to destroy the preparations and hinder the planting of seeds. I realize that there are many times I ask for You to rain down blessings when I should instead pray that You hold them back until the soil is ready.

Life is all about season. The end of a season is drawing near for me now. I can see clearly the mess I would have made of things had You given to me all that I desired of You. I prayed for much more than was handed to me and You were gracious enough to say no to me. Thanks for looking out for me.

Now that this season is coming to a close I can see the time of spring coming. I am asking that You make ready the rains, but help me hold fast until the preparations are complete. I need so much wisdom. I am overwhelmed by the choices I must make and pray that You forgive my anxious thoughts. I hear Your voice clearly this morning and settle back into my child-like faith in You.

Holy Spirit, You are my Helper and my Teacher. Let’s walk the road we are own together. I sense Your presence this morning and turn my ears towards Your voice. You are my connection to everything that God desires to say to me and it is His words, and only His words, that represent life for me. Help my hands be strong, my heart be soft, my words we love, and my spirit be bold. Fill my soul with life and allow that life to flow freely to others.

No comments: