Saturday, August 13, 2011

Take Me Where You Are

Read: Zechariah 6
“12 “Then say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, “Behold, a man whose name is Branch, for He will branch out from where He is; and He will build the temple of the Lord.” Zechariah 6:12

Examine:
Zechariah was told to tell Zerubbabel that even though he was called to work hard at completing the task that was laid before him; he should not allow the tangible work to distract him from the fact that the true builder of the temple was Christ.

Apply:
It is easy for me to lose sight of Christ. It is easy for me to forget that this is His life that I now live. It is easy for me to not remember that it is no longer me who lives but Christ in me.

Pray:
There are three things that steal my focus from You Jesus. The first are my fleshly desires. There is a force inside of me that only wants to serve me. I want what I want when I want it so that I can feel something that satisfies my cravings. These desires are so clever that they often feel right and even can be mistaken to be spiritual. These are the first and primary culprits that take my eyes away from You.

The second are the tasks. As soon as I have something to do I have a tendency to put my head down and get busy. The moment I gain clarity about what I should do I often lose my desperation to seek after You. The tasks become my focus, I become their god, and You get put in the back seat.

The third is the delay. My attention span is not that great. As time passes it becomes increasingly difficult to stay focused on You. There are several passages of scripture that speak to this and I can relate to all of them. Time is the enemy of obedience. The longer it stretches out the more difficult it becomes to stay disciplined.

Jesus, I cannot walk this path that I am on with the current level of intimacy I have with You. The task that has been handed, the time that it will take to complete it, and the amount of self-denial demanded are simply greater than the power of Your Spirit that I have awareness of. I know that You are greater than all and that the power inside of me is capable of anything but I keep falling down and getting my nose bloodied and my tail kicked.

I turn to You this morning. I refuse to accept that I have experienced all there is to experience of You. I cannot in the slightest believe that the fullness of Your glory and the strength of Your power are being manifested in my life. I need You to rise to Your throne in my life and resonate in my soul in such a way that the pain and circumstances of life are placed in their proper perspectives. My eyes are on me and for that I both apologize and repent. I turn toward You this morning accepting in faith that You will meet me where I am and take me where You are.

2 comments:

Richi Lesley said...

Bro, thanks for your transparency in this post. Reading this post both reveals and convicts me in these same areas, forcing me to acknowledge. You are being used in more ways than you know. Praying for you and your family.

Richi Lesley said...

Bro, thanks for your transparency in this post. Reading this post both reveals and convicts me in these same areas, forcing me to acknowledge. You are being used in more ways than you know. Praying for you and your family.