Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mountain Talk

Read: Zechariah 4
“7 ‘What are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a plain; and he will bring forth the top stone with shouts of “Grace, grace to it!” ’ “ Zechariah 4:7

Examine:
One of the great affirmations as to whether a work is of God are the odds against success.

Apply:
I love the question, “What are you, O great mountain?’ This question puts the mountain in its place. It does this not by down-playing the size of the mountain for the question refers to its greatness. The mountain is put into its proper perspective by comparing it to God. The greatness of God allows me to look at anything that would hinder His work and say, “What are you compared to my God?”

Pray:
Talking to mountains is not the easiest thing to do. As I sat yesterday and the weight of the need here became even more evident it was tempting to be overwhelmed by the size of the task and the road ahead of me. I have never in all of my life seen a task as impossible as the one I face today.

At the same time, I have never been more certain of Your will for my life. I know beyond any shadow of doubt that You have called me here. You went above and beyond in affirming that. I also know with certainty that You have called me here to resource and support the local saints who are laboring in Your fields here. So, I am able to stand firm today. I am able to say to the mountain before me, “You will become a smooth plain!”

Father God, You are before me and nothing can come against me. Your Word says that I shall live by faith and that You take no pleasure in me if I shrink back. I spoke boldly for You yesterday. In the midst of wisdom that said I should shrink back I pushed forward and raised the stakes. If You do not stir and move, proving your call on my life; then I am toast. My words do not matter. The only thing that counts is Your power proving Your plan.

No comments: