Monday, August 29, 2011

Tread or Be Treaded

Read: Zechariah 10
“5 “They will be as mighty men, treading down the enemy in the mire of the streets in battle; and they will fight, for the LORD will be with them; and the riders on horses will be put to shame.”” Zechariah 10:5

Examine:
The imagery in this verse is strong. A child of God, on mission with God, and fighting with the strength and power of God is a force to be reckoned with. The only thing that can slow down advancement is taking my eyes off of the plan of God.

Apply:
Tread or be treaded. In the end, my life will boil down to those two choices. I can do what God asks of me and live an amazing life of sacrifice, adventure, and victory. I can wake up every day, put my choices in His hand, and let my life ripple throughout eternity. Or, I can live for myself. If I choose to live for myself, I exchange the power of God for my own. I trade the rewards of eternity for temporary defilement. If I choose to live for myself, I will be the one being tread down in the mire of the streets.

Pray:
Yesterday was a reminder of exactly what happens when I take my eyes off of You. I looked at my circumstances, the impossible odds, the striking disappointments, and the long road ahead. I put the weight of the battle and the key to victory on my shoulders, and I fell down hard yesterday. But today is a new day.

Satan, I have heard your voice, listened to your lies and suffered under your power long enough. The time that has passed has been enough for you to mess with me. I resist you today not by my power but by the Name that is above all other names. Flee from me and from my household. Release your grip and slither back into the dark places you like to hide.

Holy Spirit, come this morning and tend to my wounds. Strengthen me with power, guide me with vision, and fuel me with passion. Let my joy resound in You today. I believe that You have led me to this place and I accept by faith that I will tread upon all that has been set before me.

No comments: