Monday, August 1, 2011

Really?

Read: Zachariah 1
“10 And the man who was standing among the myrtle trees answered and said, “These are those whom the LORD has sent to patrol the earth.” 11 So they answered the angel of the Lord who was standing among the myrtle trees and said, “We have patrolled the earth, and behold, all the earth is peaceful and quiet.” Zachariah 1:11

Examine:
In these verses a scene is played out that is mind-boggling. Angels walking, horses patrolling, and reports are being given. Zachariah has found himself ushered into a world that is normally unseen.

Apply:
I read these verses and I hear a nagging voice in the back of my head saying, “Come on, really? What is this Lord of the Rings? I mean really, can this be real?”

Pray:
Father, You search all of my heart and You know all of my ways. There is nothing hidden from You now and there is nothing I ever can hide from You. So there is no need pretending this morning; I am fighting doubts. It is amazing how life shifts and changes. Two days ago I sat up and had an amazing 3:00 am encounter with You. Now I sit wondering if I am just crazy. I want to believe; You know that. I am willing to believe; my actions have proven that. It is just hard to get there sometimes.

I sense Your desire to move me into a deeper level of belief. That always sounds good, but I also know that there is pain involved. The first step in believing more deeply is overthrowing unbelief that lies in my heart, which means I have to face the questions I have about You that create the doubts. This also means that I have to further take my eyes off of what can be seen and look towards things that are unseen. It means I have to believe even though I can’t know with certainty.

The spiritual world is a mystery to me, but it is a very real element of the scripture. I am afraid of this journey Father. I am afraid of the level of belief You want me to have. There are so many alerts going off in my head right now but I have to follow You. I have nothing left and no place else to go, so take my hand and lead me. I pray that You open my eyes to fully see all that You desire to reveal to me.

No comments: