Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Who is my God

Today's Reading: Job 9:4-14 & Acts 13:1-12

Scripture: "But how can a man be in the right before God" Job 9:2


Observation:

It is He who moves the mountains. It is He who can shake the earth out of place. It is He who can block out the sun. It is He who stretched out the heavens with His hands. It is He.


Job had a really big view of God. His vision of who God is was so great that the circumstances of life could not rattle it.


Application:

I have a lot I can learn from Job. My God is a very, very big God. Should I allow myself to become rattled by anything? Seriously, who in my life has power or strength that can compare to God.


I can do many good, noble and even great things today but nothing is more important that expanding my view of God. There are only three ways I know to do that: 1) Prayer. 2) Study. 3) Obedience.


Prayer:

Father I desire a deeper experience of who You are and what it is that You will for my life. I look at the life of Job and look at my own life and realize that my view of You lacks the staying power required to navigate life on this earth. Theory, concept, and hope are not enough. I need concrete, rock-solid, tried and true faith.


I ask that my day be filled with moments of awe and wonder as I experience walking after You. I pray for peace, wisdom, and knowledge to tackle the problems You have set before me; and I ask that You fill me with the energy, vision, and resolve needed to pursue the opportunities You ask me to pursue.


In the verse I jotted down at the top of the page Job asks, "But how can a man be in the right before God". He could not answer that question. In the days of Job there was no answer, but those of us born after the sacrifice of Christ can answer this question boldly. A man can only stand right before You through submission to Jesus as Savior. Thank You for the peace I have in knowing that truth.

No comments: