Thursday, March 17, 2011

Deliverance Will Come

Read: Numbers 33-34 & Psalm 39-40
“He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.” Psalm 40:3

Examine:
David reflected back on the hard times he faced in which he waited patiently on God for deliverance. Through the seasons of struggle David was given a new song, many people were able to clearly see the hand of God, and God’s great glory was revealed.

Apply:
Waiting on the LORD often entails sitting still when circumstances scream for movement, trusting in God while struggles seem to defy His existence, and holding onto hope even while the noose tightens around my neck. It is a waiting that is beyond any other experience in my life. As hard of a struggle as it may be, the promise of the Word is that deliverance will come.

Pray:
Father, this journey has been crazy. I have struggled to the point of nearly pulling my hair out and find myself sitting at a place where my circumstances are more uncertain today than when I started. In the middle of it all, I have not shrunk back from claiming Your goodness, sharing with others the good things You have done, nor from seeking You wholeheartedly. I stand firm today on Your promises to complete the good work that You started within me.

You know that I am only flesh and blood. In my weakness, the screaming nature of reality tempts me to panic. Your seeming silence in the midst of my accusers screams makes it easy to doubt You. As the noose tightens around my neck my faith is pushed beyond what I thought were its limits. Through this time You have grown my faith stronger. I have been amazed at how desperately I have sought You and my journals reflect how deeply You have responded to me.

While my faith is strong enough to endure, my emotions have taken a toll on my mind and body. I am tired today. Strengthen me. I ask that You please consider offering some relief to us today or at least a strong reminder that our hope is not in vain. My soul longs for life today, my spirit desires freedom, and my emotions beg for rest. I return to You with these things because I believe that all I desire can only be found in You.

No comments: