Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Three P's

Three P’s

Read: Numbers 29- 30 & 3 John
“Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.” 3 John 1:2

Examine:
Much is made in the New Testament about holding on to faith in the midst of suffering and persecution. In this verse John reminds his readers that it is ok to seek provision, protection, and peace. These three P’s are basic human needs. Without them, life on earth is not tolerable.

Apply:
Before I can look to God for my provision, protection, and peace I need to be walking in truth. If my lifestyle is not in submission to God, then it is not reasonable to expect Him to bless my life with provision, protection or peace. My heart and my intentions must be centered on the will of God.

Prayer:
Father, I am empty this morning. I turn to You today and ask for Your help. I need the basic provisions of wisdom, resources, and opportunity. There is a lot of confusion and frustration surrounding me right now, and I desperately need Your sovereign hand to set things straight before me.

I need Your protection today over our physical and emotional well-being. You know where we are and the struggles that we are facing today. I pray that You make my home and my family a safe place today. In the face of great strain and stress it is difficult to stay healthy. I turn towards You today and beg Your protection over our home.

Things are not well with my soul today. I am frustrated and honestly I am disappointed. I fully expected hardships as we followed You on this new journey, but I never expected the weight that I feel today. It is tempting to fall away. As the heat of this struggle intensifies, I pray that the glory of Your name would become more real, more tangible, and more comforting. Restore my hope today. Strengthen Your name today. Make things well with my soul today.

In all of this I continue to give You my yes. As You lead, I will follow. Let my life be honoring to Your name and a source of strength for those who are walking in the truth. I pray that You do something today that will strengthen my awe of You. Let Your great name be fully reflected in my provision, my protection and my peace.

No comments: