Monday, June 6, 2011

A Huge Question

Read: 2 Corinthians 5
“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.” 2 Corinthians 5:10

Examine:
When we are judged, God brings into consideration what a person’s purpose and motive have been, and what he has achieved, been busy with, and given himself and his attention to accomplishing. We are not judged on our intentions or religious activities. We are judged on the body of work produced by our faith in Christ.

Apply:
This passage leads to the question, “what am I giving myself and my attention to accomplishing?” This is a huge question that should not be taken lightly. In the end the answer to this question will determine the body of work produced by my life. I have to consider it very carefully. My flesh is very deceptive. It is easy to get confused. There are times that the things of God are not what have my attention and they are not the goal I hope to accomplish, but instead they are the tools I am trying to use to capture what has my attention and focus. Using the things of God to accomplish worldly success and comfort is not a holy pursuit.

Pray:
In the end Father the only thing that counts is the role I played in Your ministry of reconciling all people to Yourself through Jesus. Seeing people move from darkness to light is the only prize worth pursuing. In order to do that I must first walk in the light and radiate it clearly. I pray that Your Holy Spirit would be full inside of me today. I gladly share the things that I love and have in abundance. I pray that grace of Christ be mine in abundance and joy today. Let my heart overflow with it, let my lips speak of it with every utterance, and let my mind dwell on it continually.

No comments: