Monday, April 13, 2009

Rejoice

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 14:1-23 & 2 Corinthians 13

Scripture:
"Finally brethren, rejoice…" 2 Corinthians 13:11

Observation:
Christians as a whole do not celebrate their faith anymore. If you walk into a majority of churches or Christian homes, especially in the U.S., there is a good chance that you will not find them celebrating their faith.

Application:
I am afraid that I often fail to celebrate my faith. I look for reasons to rejoice but they are all external. Unexpected income causes me to rejoice. Great accomplishments cause me to rejoice. Goals achieved cause me to rejoice. But what about my faith? Does it really cause me to rejoice?

It should. I am complete in Christ. I am a child of God. No weapon formed against me can prosper. My eternity is set. The love of God has been lavished upon me. I am more than a conqueror. Blessed, set apart, a priest, a child, marked, sealed, and destined for an eternity of peace. The promises go on and on.

Prayer:
This morning as I think about all that You have done for Your people; I rejoice. I ask today that You open my eyes to know just how great a gift You gave the world through Your Son. I ask that You great inside of me a desire to live in constant celebration of the transforming work that is taking place.

I choose today to submit to Your will. Lead me to be complete, comforted, peaceful and grounded in Your love. Help me to reflect something to the lost world that is worthy of Your Name.

No comments: