Monday, May 25, 2009

An Amazing Reminder

Today's Reading:

1 Kings 11:1-13 & Romans 6

 

Scripture:

"Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed?  For the outcome of those things is death."  Romans 6:21

 

Observation:

I have made so many mistakes.  I still carry the scars of some and others have left wounds that have yet to heal into scars.  In the midst of deep regret I have often uttered the words, "if I only had it to do over again."  Romans 6 reminds me that every day is a do-over.  It is up to me to make the most of it.

 

Application:

Although I can not see into the future I do have the ability to look upon my past with perfect vision.  I do not know what will come tomorrow but there is do doubt about what I did yesterday.  90% of my mistakes in life are driven by my own choices. 

 

The freeing part of that truth is I will face the same types of choices tomorrow that I faced yesterday.  The lessons I allow myself to learn from the mistakes I made yesterday enable me to see better results for tomorrow. 

 

Prayer:

Father Romans 6 is an amazing reminder that I am no longer helpless to sin in my life.  I have a choice.  There are many situations where I do not feel that this is truth.  Sin can be so inviting.  It is so tempting.  I am a weak vessel and I often find myself sitting in a pile of mess that is my own creation. 

 

Instead of playing victim I ask that You enable me to take ownership in all my sins.  Give me the knowledge I need to know where I gave myself away and the wisdom I need to make better choices today.

 

In the midst of working out this process in my life I am so grateful for Your grace that is covering my sin.  The wages of sin is death, but the gift of Your Son is life for today and all of eternity.

No comments: