Sunday, May 10, 2009

God is for Me

Today's Reading:  Psalm 56 and Matthew 27:32-56

 

Scripture:

"Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call; this I know, that is for me."  Psalm 56:9

 

Observation:

David's life was far from perfect.  He made mistakes.  In fact, he made some very big mistakes.  Mistakes I will hopefully never live through.  But he also got a lot of things right.  David never based his acceptance with God on perfection.  He based his acceptance on God's word to him. 

 

Application:

The application is simple today, God is for me.  Once I placed my life in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; my salvation became complete.  There is nothing that can ever separate me from God. 

 

Prayer:

Father there are days that I feel a lot like David did in this passage.  Life starts to press in and things seem to pile in on top of me.  My response in those moments is to lose my temper.  I become irritated and my fuse greatly shortens.  I lose hope.  Depression, dejection and desperation all come together creating an opposable force that often gets the best of me.

 

Life is not perfect.  You said that in this world we will face hardships.  You said the world would hate me on account of You.  The darkness hates the light and I am of the light.  In the face of adversity, advisories, and admonitions I ask that You help me enter the sanctuary of Your acceptance. 

 

Help me to tangibly feel the power that You contain.  There are days that You do not feel very real to me.  There is no way I can stand firm if I am not solid on the fact that You exist in power and might.  Help me to walk out my life with You in holiness.  Be a tangible presence in my life so that I may find the strength I need to carry out Your plans for me.

No comments: