Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Present

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 43:1-5 & Revelation 22


Scripture:

"Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and man enter by the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14


Observation:

Salvation is more that just a one time act. It more that just a prayer. It is more than just the forgiveness of sin. Salvation is a call to a daily pursuit of a new life that can only be tasted here on earth, but will be enjoyed in full in the life that is to come.


Application:

My robes are clean. My past is forgotten. My future failures are covered. My inheritance is beyond what I have the capacity to envision. These things I know. These things I believe. In these things I find rest and comfort.


The issue is my present. In the present my robes fill dirty. In the present my the failures are fresh. In the present I am still uncertain of what has succeeded and what has failed.


My past no longer torments me and my ability to rest in the glorious future that is mine through Christ grows each day. But the wear and the tear of the present haunt and torment me daily.


Prayer:

Father is relatively easy to find closure and healing once a season has passed by. Learning to rest in the fact that the future can't be totally controlled and trusting in You for it is very feasibly. But learning to rest in You in the midst of what is presently taking place in my life is flippin hard to do. My emotions highjack my faith. My doubt overwhelms my belief. My uncertainty attacks Your promise. The waves crash in and I at times feel like my house is made of sand.


You are the God over my past and the God of my future, but I have never fully allowed You to become the God of my present. That is what I ask today.


Teach me to fully enjoy You in the present moments of my life. Give me a faith that will soothe my emotions. Enable my belief to secure my doubts. Allow Your promises to crush my uncertainty.


I ask that I be able to walk fully in Your joy, peace, comfort, power, glory and majesty while today is still called today.

No comments: