Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Warning Signs

Today's Reading: Psalm 128 & Revelation 21


Scripture:

"How blessed is everyone who fears the LORD and walks in His ways." Psalm 128:1


Observation:

The Psalmist outlines several blessings in this text that accompany having a deep respect for God and walking in obedience to His ways. The three that stood out to me this morning: 1.) I will enjoy the fruit of my labor. 2.) I will enjoy my wife. 3.) I will enjoy my kids.


Application:

These three areas are the primary areas of blessing in my life. They also then are most likely the primary areas of discipline in my life. Stress at work, stress in my marriage, and stress in my home should serve as a warning lights for my walk with God.


Prayer:

When I truly fear You, I recognize that You are the Creator and I am Your creation. You are the Master and I am the servant. You are the Father and I am the child.


I pray that my fear of You manifest itself in me having a deep respect for You, Your word and in me having a consuming drive to do what You desire of me.


I ask that You protect my flesh from taking over and seeking Your blessing over You; but I do ask that You bless my work, my marriage and my kids. I ask that the fruit of my labor be sweet and fulfilling, I pray that my wife be my best friend and that my kids be everything You desire of them.


Father I pray that You help me recognize warning signs very early on and run to You for correction, guidance and wisdom. Teach me to be all that You desire for me to be.

No comments: