Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All About Me

Today's Reading: Psalm 70; Ezekiel 16:49-63; & Revelation 6


Scripture:

"But I am afflicted and needy; hasten to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay." Psalm 70:5


Observation:

David trusted God to be his deliverer. He associated all that took place in his life as being controlled by the hand of God. In this passage I see from David a passionate plea to God for Him to move. David was totally dependent on God to defend him.


Application:

One definition of needy is: wanting or needing affection, attention, or reassurance, especially to an excessive degree. Affliction is defined as grievous physical or mental suffering.


Yuck. There is nothing about those words that is attractive. I look at them and I feel every ounce of pride in me rebel against the thought of acknowledging it as a description of me.


Prayer:

Father, I confess to You this morning that I am both needy and afflicted right now. Every day seems to usher in a new set of challenges and I have taken my share of hits. In the midst of these challenging times. I have sucked it up and tried to combat things on my own.


My life has become all about me. My pride has refused defeat. My strength has held firm and stayed in the fight. My determination has promised to bring my own victory.


In doing this I have failed to yield to You control. I have determined within myself to be my own deliverer and that is sinful; I confess it to You this morning.


I give to You today Your rightful place of authority over my life. Father there is not a single thing in my life that I am able to hide from You or accomplish outside of You. I ask that You move in my life to bring about peace, affirmation, and victory. You are my help and my deliverer.

No comments: