Saturday, January 23, 2010

Diplomatic Immunity

Reading: Psalm 14 & 15

"O Lord, who may abide in Your tent? Who may dwell on Your holy hill?" Ps 15:1


Evaluation:

David wanted to enjoy the benefits of being a part of God's household. He wanted God's fellowship, God's protection, and God's provision. In verse 2 David answers the question posed in verse one by saying my ability to enjoy these gifts of the Father is impacted by my character, my behavior, and my speech.


Application:

There is no way I can be surrendered and stay the same. My character, my behavior, and my speech are the battlefields on which I will wage war with satan and my flesh as the Holy Spirit works out my salvation from within. Transformation in these key areas are the clearest indicator of whether I am allowing to work in my life or not.


Prayer:

One thing that I have to add to David's list. David lived before Christ established Your new covenant. Since Christ came the only way to the You is through surrendering to the Son. I have done that it so it brings me great peace knowing that nothing can separate me from Your love. Nothing.


While I am always be connected with Your love I can be separated from Your joy. If my character, behavior, and speech do not bear the fruit of Your Spirit then I will experience the consequences of my choices. You discipline those You love. Jesus did provide me with diplomatic immunity from suffering consequences when I act like a fool.


I live in a fallen world and as long as I am on earth I will be an imperfect being. My transformation is not based on my ability to live in perfection. My sole hope is the power of Your Spirit at work in side of me and the provision of Your grace covering me when I slip. I ask today that You guide my every choice. Help my character, behavior and speech all reflect the radiance of Christ.

No comments: