Tuesday, January 26, 2010

His Name is not Google

Reading: Acts 2

"And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting." Acts 2:2


Evaluation:

Jesus was crucified at Passover time, and he ascended 40 days after his resurrection. The Holy Spirit came 50 days after the Resurrection. This group of leaders spent 50 days in hostile circumstances, hiding and waiting. Everyone wants the rushing wind experience but few are willing to endure the days that must come before.


Application:

I can literally have almost anything I want in a matter of seconds. The world today is built around convenience and speed of delivery. Google has reduced the process of understanding the mysteries of the world to matter clicks and seconds.


God is not Google, but I treat Him that way. I want answers, solutions, and information from Him at a moment's notice and I become highly irritated if He does not meet my expectations. Enduring in prayer is not a strong suit of mine.


Prayer:

I only need to return to this morning to be reminded that waiting on You to speak or move is not exactly a trait I possess. In a world where an hour of waiting feels as if it were a decade, patience is a lost art.


Father, my heart's desire is to see the fullness of Your glory revealed in and through me. I ask that my prayers become more about entering Your heart and less about getting what I want. Open my spirit to receive from You the tangible presence and radiance You desire for me to have.

No comments: