Friday, January 1, 2010

Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Read: Mark 1

"The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God." Mark 1:1


Evaluate:

Mark's use of the word gospel does not refer to his book as in the beginning of the gospel of Mark. His use of the word gospel refers to the good news about Jesus Christ. This sentence serves as a reminder that the Bible is not a historic account of a past movement; it is a tool for use in an active movement that continues still today.


Apply:

When it comes to seeing God move and work; I ain't see nothing yet. In his own way Mark is making sure that I understand that no matter where I am or what I have experienced in Christ, my best days are always ahead of me. I must fight against complacency and wrestle with my natural tendency to settled down. Everyday is an opportunity to find a new level of awe and wonder. Every encounter with another person presents the potential to see a life changed for eternity. Each thought contains the power to carry me towards a higher knowledge of God.


Prayer:

Father complacency is a disease. It over takes me and robs me of Your movement in my life. It causes me to miss out on much of what You desire to accomplish with my life. My prayer to You today is that You help me realize that my life is still unfolding, Your work in my life is just beginning, and my journey with You has only scratched the surface of what it can be.


As I move forward into a new year I ask that it not just be a new year of the same things. Stir in my heart desires that will lead me to a better place of experiencing Your work in my heart and life. I pray that 2010 be a year of crazy leaps of faith and awesome miracles of Your work. I give to You my life and my yes to what You ask of me.

No comments: