Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fullness of Glory

Reading: Psalm 6 & 7

"I will give thanks to the Lord according to His righteousness

And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High." Ps 7:17


Evaluation:

David was enduring a hard season of slander. People were accusing him of trying to overthrow Saul and seize control of the throne. This was causing more than just damage to his reputation. The lies that were being spun were placing him at risk and creating a great division among the people. Life was not good for David. In this Psalm he chooses to praise God. He does not base his praise for God on the circumstances of his life. He bases His praise on what he knows to be true of God.


Application:

What I think or feel about God will fail me during adversity. Thoughts and feelings make poor anchors during the storms of life. The only firm anchor I have available to me are truths about God which I have allowed to become absolutes that I hold to be true at the very core of my being. One hint of doubt will cause my anchor to be loosened and land me in a very precarious situation.


Prayer:

Your Word says that the same power that raised Christ from the dead is at work inside of me. Your Word says that greater things are possible for me than at any other time in history because of Christ's victory over death. Your Word says that all I have to do is ask and believe and You will open the heavens to me in order for me to pursue Your will and purpose.


I think those things are right. I feel that those things are right. On an intellectual level, I know those things are right. But in the application of these things to my life cracks are revealed. I doubt. I question. I wonder. I fail. I struggle. I wrestle. I quit.


As I assess my life I can honestly say that there is no way the fullness of Your power and glory is being revealed through me. I pray today that You strengthen my unbelief. Enlightened the eyes of my heart to fully grasp the work of Your salvation. Embolden my faith so that I may stand firm in the face of the trials. Empower my words so that I may be anointed to speak Your truth as one who has authority to do so. Enable me to live a life that clearly reflects Your bounty, beauty, power, strength, wisdom, and mercy.


As best I can, from where I am, I place myself in submission to Your call and purpose. Have Your way with me today.

No comments: