Friday, November 6, 2009

Who I am

Today's Reading: Psalm 120 & Galatians 3


Scripture:

"And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants." Galatians 3:29


Observation:

All who place their faith in Christ as Savior and Lord are included in God's covenant blessing to Abraham.


So what? That is the question that I find myself asking this morning. I am grafted into the family of God and made part of His promised blessing to all Abraham's descendents. What impact should this have on my life?


Application:

I need to know who I am. In the midst of the confines created by my circumstances, resources, and abilities it is really easy to allow who I am to be defined by what I experience. This passage is a great reminder that my life has promise.


Not potential. Promise. Potential is defined as "capable of being or becoming". Promise is defined as "a declaration that something will happen". My life is grounded in the same promised blessing that was handed to Abraham. So who am I?


I am an adopted son of the Living God. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The "I Am God" of Israel who possess the power to accomplish every single word of His promise.


I am a vessel of the Living God. The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives inside of me. All the power, majesty and strength needed to accomplish God's plans for my life has been given to me in full measure.


I am a spotless lamb. Nothing in my past, nothing in my present, and nothing in my future has the potential to blemish my record. God removed every transgression to be remembered no more. Condemnation has forever been removed of its power over my life.


I am a saint by calling. This is not a term of privilege but rather indicates ownership of my life. I am God's. My life is not to be about me or mine. It is solely to be based on the pursuit of God's heart.


Prayer:

My life should be different. I am struggling right now with questioning certain things about my life and it is so very difficult to rest only in You. I read the words I wrote this morning and I know them to be truth. They are out of the text of Your Word and I know that they are absolute. But there is a disconnect between my head and my heart.


I need Your help in applying Your promise to my heart in a manner that is real and tangible enough to alter my beliefs, feelings, emotions and actions. I no longer am content to "believe" these things; I want to know them. I want to treasure them. I want to rest in them. During my darkest day, in the moment of my greatest need, when the walls of my life feel shaky; I pray that Your word of Promise bring complete contentment to my soul.

No comments: