Monday, November 30, 2009

A Yes Man

Today's Reading: Romans 3 & 4


Scripture:

"Without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead since he was about a hundred years old, and the deadness of Sarah's womb." Romans 4:19


Observation:

Stinking unbelievable. Knowing the end of the story sometimes makes it easy to blow past the relationship that Abraham had with God and the amount of faith he displayed in saying yes.


Application:

Faith. That is the word that keeps coming to my mind this morning. My faith should be more than something I cling to for peace and comfort. It should be the call in my life beckoning me to stretch myself beyond what is known and comfortable. It should be the fuel that empowers me to leave behind all that is known in pursuit of the vision God has for me. It should not be the thing that comforts me from the sidelines; it should be the very thing that creates such a great discontentment inside of me that it renders me unable to sit out of the game.


Prayer:

Abraham's choices with his life proved his belief in You. Generations of people have studied this man's life and there is no conclusion to be drawn other than he is a man upon whom You proved Yourself to be faithful. Your presence, Your existence, Your power, Your glory, and Your favor all radiate from the life of this man because he simply believed in You enough to say yes.


I want to be a yes man. I want to walk with You in a manner that I hear Your voice and know what You want. I want to be in constant awareness of where You are and what You are doing. My heart's desire is to find myself in the center of Your will building Your kingdom. Nothing else matters to me. Help me to make wise choices today with the life You have entrusted to me.

1 comment:

Jeanie R said...

Splendid article. I especially appreciate your prayer. The term "yes man" is so appropriate and I know it will stick in my head forever.
I love the Abraham journey for encouraging a growing faith.
Thank you!