Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Spreading the Word

Read: 2 Thessalonians 3

"But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one." 2 Thessalonians 3:3


Examine:

Paul was reminding the Thessalonians that if they were on God's mission and in pursuit of His heart they were entitled to rely on the character of God as their source of strength.


Apply:

The first verse of this chapter contains a request to pray that the word of the Lord would spread rapidly and be glorified. That is the mission and heart of God. There is no promise for comfort or excessive possessions. There is just the simple promise that He himself will sustain and protect those who are actively and passionately about the work of leading others to understand their need for God's grace.


Pray:

Father, I am afraid that I often allow Your word to be dulled down in me by the coldness of religion and the mindlessness of rituals and routines. It is impossible to be passionate about something that is cold and mindless. I am willing share things that are of value to me and exist in my life in abundance. I pray that for Your word in my life.


Awaken Yourself in my soul. Cut down cold religion and replace it with the life of Christ. Shatter the mindless rituals in my life and replace them with passionate and tangible encounters with You. Allow my life to be a wellspring of Your life for the people You have called me to lead. Position me so that You faithfulness strengthens and protects the rapid spreading of Your word through my life.

No comments: